Recalls are the most important thing you can teach your dog; not only are they vital for responsible dog ownership, but a reliable recall can ensure you can help your dog to avoid dangerous situations. It also makes for happier dogs and owners. A reliable recall allows you to let your dog off-lead and feel relaxed and confident that they’ll return when you call. The perfect route to stress-free walks, where your dog gets plenty of time to run around and play!
Each workshop will cover the basics, but individuals will progress at their own rates depending on their previous level of training. You can book one or more dates, but be aware that spaces are limited!
We’ll use fun, motivational, and positive methods to engage your dog and build the value in the all important recall. As well as plenty of practical training, we’ll discuss the theory of how to build a reliable recall, why certain situations can provoke “selective hearing” in our dogs, and how to identify and overcome those big distractions.
These workshops are suitable for all ages and breeds of dogs, including young puppies who have no recall foundation, or those older dogs who don’t always want to come back. Workshops will be held at our indoor venue at Milnsbridge, Huddersfield, so don’t worry – this is all about teaching a reliable recall, but there’s no chance of your dog escaping from our very secure sports hall whilst they learn the basics!
Dates for Reliable Recall Workshops
- Saturday 9th January 2016, 12:15pm – 2:15pm
- Saturday 12th March 2016, 1:30am – 3:30pm
Recall from Distractions
If your dog just can’t resist going to meet and greet other people and dogs on your walks, and isn’t keen to leave their new found friends, then our Recall from Distractions workshop is the perfect way to help. This workshop is held at our outdoor venue at Farnley Tyas, Huddersfield.
The workshop involves structured set-ups to help work through the normal distractions of other people or dogs that you and your dog may encounter on every day walks. Throughout, we’ll look at what is motivating your dog, how we can change their perspective, and what you can do to ensure they come back every time you call … no matter what is out there!
- We will provide well-trained, safe, and dog-friendly people and dogs to act as distractions during this workshop
- You must have attended one of our Reliable Recall workshops before booking on to this workshop!
- This workshop is not suitable for dogs who react negatively to other dogs or people (check out our Reactive Dogs workshops instead!). If you’re not sure, get in touch and discuss it with us!
Dates for Recall from Distraction Workshops
- Sunday 31st January 2016, 10:00am – 11:30am
- Sunday 3rd April 2016, 10:00 – 11:30am